Monday, 1 March 2010

My new tyranid paint scheme.

So after a weekend of experimenting (and the best part of a box of termagants) I've finally found a tyranid paint scheme I'm happy with and can turn out in a decent amount of time. In the next few weeks I'll be buying and building as many 'nids as I can afford. The final model has almost ended up as Hive Fleet Kraken, a fact which I only realised after I finished it.

I've noticed that my fine brush skills are significantly better than they were when I started my Wolves a few months ago; they're hardly groundbreaking but a few months ago I wouldn't have been able to do the eye on the fleshborer. To celebrate my 'nid scheme and reward myself for continual improvement I'm ordering a new set of Army Painter brushes (still using the same two old GW brushes I bought back in october to do all the painting on this site and they are starting to show the strain).

I'll continue to post my ongoing Tyranid force as it begins to grow.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! I always preferred the old 3rd Ed colour scheme to the White / Purple one.

    Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing some more of this.